Pages

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Ecuador Mission Trip

I will be going on a mission trip to Ecuador this summer. This will be my very first international mission trip. We will be gone July 20-28. There is a team from our church, FBC Silsbee, going as well as people from other churches in our community. We will be working with Ecuador missionaries Steve and Carol Thompson. There will be a team in our group that does Vacation Bible School with the kids in the village of Apatug. Another team will work on water projects in different areas to help bring clean water to the people in the villages. A third team will be doing some construction work.

I am very excited about this trip because some of our youth have committed to go on this international mission trip!!! I love that they are willing to fulfill the great commission (Matthew 28:19-20) and go tell others about Jesus Christ!

Please start praying now for us and the other team members that will be traveling to Ecuador in July. I will share more specific prayer requests as the trip draws near.

There is one specific, immediate need for this trip: FUNDS! As we all know, traveling overseas can be very expensive. The total cost per person to go on this mission trip will be about $2000. Our youth need your help in raising the funds for this! Maybe you might be willing to give so that others can go. If this is you, contact me! I will get the money to the youth. Send me a message on Facebook, talk to me in person, or call/text me! Or you can send the money to FBC Silsbee. Just make sure you let them know that it's for the youth going on the Ecuador mission trip.

If you want to know more about the trip and the youth going on the trip, let me know! I would be happy to tell you about it!

3 comments:

Ace said...

thanks for letting others know about the mission trip. really exciting to see youth willing to go.

MySelf said...

keep doing those wonderful things! humanity needs it!

Newskaki said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.